interVivos Fall 2017 Mentorship Program Launch-December 5, 2017
Our Fall 2017 Mentorship Program is an event to pair mentors from diverse professional fields with protégés to help grow their careers.
Location: Match Eatery & Public House (inside Grand Villa Casino) – 10224 104 Ave NW, Edmonton
Registration information for protégés will be released in early November 2017!
Inform Yo’ Self – Municipal Election 2017-September 18, 2017
Uh oh, the Edmonton municipal election is fast approaching. Want to be more informed about the issues that matter and discuss them with other young professionals? Great! Join us after work on Monday, September 18, for Inform Yo’self: Edmonton Municipal Election 2017, at the much anticipated and newly opened Cartago!
We asked, you answered (close to 200 of you). This summer we sent out a survey asking what topics were most important to you in the upcoming election and you told us:
- Transit (88%)
- Homelessness and Housing (81%)
- Residential Infill (68%)
- Diversity on Council (53%)
- Safe Injection Sites (42%)
These top five topics will be discussed at the event in small groups. Panelist names will be shared on social media in the coming days. Light snacks will be provided.
Don’t wait, get your ticket now:
$15 from August 28 to September 4
$20 from September 5 to September 15
$25 from September 16 to September 17 (noon)
Tickets at the door (if space permits) will be available for $30.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. It’s pronounced car-tay-go. We got yo.
— Confirmed Speakers —
- Christopher Chan, Executive Director, Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society
- Manish Shirgaokar, Assistant Professor, Urban and Regional Planning, University of Alberta
Homelessness and Housing:
- Susan McGee, CEO, Homeward Trust
- Larry Scarbeau, Executive Director, Metis Capital Housing Corporation
- Nola Kilmartin, Senior Urban Planner, Kennedy
- Tegan Martin-Drysdale, Vice President, Infill Development in Edmonton Association
Diversity on Council:
- Lana Cuthbertson, Chair, Equal Voice Northern Alberta
- Genna DiPinto, Chair, Edmonton Youth Council
Safe Injection Sites:
- Marliss Taylor, Program Manager, Streetworks Program
- Nathan Ip, President, Edmonton Chinese Young Leaders Association
— Attendee Guidelines —
interVivos is not affiliated with any municipal candidate and is non-partisan. Candidates are welcome to register for the event with the understanding that they are like other attendees; they get to listen to discussions, ask questions and network. This is not an event for candidates to present their platform.
We also understand that many attendees may have opposing viewpoints and discussions may become heated—we ask that all attendees remain respectful of one another.
#girlbossyeg 2018-March 8, 2018
Want to network with local women in your community? Want to learn from other women’s mistakes? Want to know when to follow the rules and when to rewrite them? Do you want to be a Girl Boss? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the event is for you. Local female leaders of all ages and backgrounds will be at #girlbossyeg to share their paths to success with you. All genders are welcome to attend.
Registration info will be released in early 2018!