The mentorship program aspires to bring together young professionals and students with Edmonton’s business, political and community leaders to build relationships, create networks and develop personal and professional skills. Interested protégés will sign up for the program and get a chance to meet many experienced mentors and be matched with one. The program is offered in the spring and the fall each year.
The Mentorship Program takes the following format:
– 15 mentors are introduced to 15 protégés at our pairing event.
– Prep sheets, promo material and an event program with mentor and protégé bios will be sent to you before the pairing event.
– At the pairing event, mentors and protégés will discuss their goals and expectations for the program in fifteen 5-minute conversations.
– At the end of the event, mentors and protégés rank their choices and interVivos will use that information to make the final pairings.
– Mentors and protégés agree to meet a minimum of three times over the six-month program.
– Protégés pay a small fee to participate in the program, the proceeds from which go to covering event, administration and marketing costs of the program. Mentors are not paid or charged for their participation.
– This program is primarily the responsibility of both the mentors and protégés to keep in contact and stay on track of goals and desired outcomes. interVivos will, however, be there to check in periodically with the participants to provide support and gather feedback.
Some past mentors
- Alison Poste, Government Relations Specialist
- Beverley Theresa, Social Media Strategist
- Anand Pye, Executive Director, NAIOP Edmonton
- David Bridges, COO, CompuVision
- David Dorward, Dorward & Company LLP Chartered Accountants
- Gerry Morita, Artistic Director, Mile Zero Dance
- Harriet Tinka, Empowered Me
- Jacqueline Biollo, President/CEO, A Songbird’s Solo
- Kathy Leskow, Confetti Sweets
- Ken Cantor, President, PRIMAVERA Development Group
- Kirsten Goa, Community Organizer
- Larry Scarbeau, Executive Director, Metis Urban Housing
- Mike Kluh, Program Manager, City of Edmonton
- Raj Dhunna, COO, Regency Developments,
- Reg Cheramy, CEO, Stormboard
- Serena Mah, Media & Communications Consultant
If you have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org is always happy to receive them! We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.