The mentorship program aspires to bring together young professionals and students with Edmonton’s business, political and community leaders to build relationships, create networks and develop personal and professional skills. Interested protégés will sign up for the program and get a chance to meet many experienced mentors and be matched with one.
This event is styled after a speed-dating format where 15 protégés get to discuss goals and interests with 15 mentors who would take them under their wing for six months and help the protégés along their career through sharing advice, support, networks and perspective. After the matching program, the mentor-protégé pairing is announced and both commit to communicate through meet-ups, phone calls or e-mails at least three times during the duration of the program.
Protégés purchase tickets, the proceeds from which go to covering event, administration and marketing costs of the program. Mentors are not paid or charged for the event. This program is primarily the responsibility of both the mentors and protégés to keep in contact and stay on track of goals and desired outcomes. interVivos will, however, be there to check in periodically with the participants to provide support and gather feedback.
Check out the videos below to learn more about the mentorship program.
Previous Mentors include:
- Alison Poste, Government Relations Specialist
- Beverley Theresa, Social Media Strategist
- Anand Pye, Executive Director, NAIOP Edmonton
- David Bridges, COO, CompuVision
- David Dorward, Dorward & Company LLP Chartered Accountants
- Gerry Morita, Artistic Director, Mile Zero Dance
- Harriet Tinka, Empowered Me
- Jacqueline Biollo, President/CEO, A Songbird’s Solo
- Kathy Leskow, Confetti Sweets
- Ken Cantor, President, PRIMAVERA Development Group
- Kirsten Goa, Community Organizer
- Larry Scarbeau, Executive Director, Metis Urban Housing
- Mike Kluh, Program Manager, City of Edmonton
- Raj Dhunna, COO, Regency Developments,
- Reg Cheramy, CEO, Stormboard
- Serena Mah, Media & Communications Consultant
If you have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org is always happy to receive them! We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.