The Fall 2021 Mentorship Program is sold out! Join our waitlist for future programs here.
interVivos is launching our Fall 2021 Mentorship Program on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Ambitious professionals from the Edmonton area are invited to take part in the ever-popular interVivos mentorship program. Sign up now!
Our board of directors is still concerned about everyone’s safety, so we will be launching virtually over Zoom. The program will take place from October 2021 to March 2022. Mentors and protégés are welcome to meet in person or virtually throughout the 6-month program for their match meetings.
Fall is a time to start fresh. After everything we’ve been through this past year, this is an opportunity for you to build new and diverse connections in Edmonton. Become a protégé and connect with Edmonton’s best and brightest. As well, you’ll work on your professional goals and “level up” in your community. Find out more about our mentorship programs by visiting our mentorship page and get the answers to your burning questions.
Here’s what some recent interVivos participants said about their experience:
- “I loved the opportunity to work through some of the professional roadblocks and barriers I had been experiencing and having the feedback and guidance of someone who had been through similar situations and could help me to navigate them. My mentor also provided me with tangible exercises that I could do to help me gain clarity about my professional aspirations and goals and practically talk through how I can achieve them (or take the first steps). My mentor also has a wealth of knowledge about their industry since they are in a field that I am personally interested in–they had great resources to link me to and networks to connect with. ”
- “It felt like I could fit professional advancement into my already busy schedule with the flexibility of the program requirements. My mentor was so fantastic, and her success inspires me! Our relationship is a place of mutual learning and respect, and I am looking forward to fostering this connection. We worked through some complex challenges, and I feel like I made some significant progress.”
- “I’ve been a part of many networking opportunities in the past years, wine and cheese, speed networking, etc., in both the capacity of protégé and mentor. I’ve seen some terrible things happen out of these events because of the power dynamics that are the foundation of networking sometimes. I entered interVivos with very low expectations, but I was so pleased with this program. You all have worked very hard, and it shows! The structured approach and all the thoughts and care you put in from the training to considerations about power, to social media promotion, to the little thank-you’s – it’s all very much appreciated. Thank you for having me–I’ve enjoyed my experience!”.
The following are the confirmed volunteer mentors for the Fall 2021 mentorship program:
- Chelsey Quirk, Manager, Indigenous & Stakeholder Relations, Edmonton International Airport
- Christina Ignacio-Deines, Partner, Designer & Artist, I-D BOHEMIA Lifestyle, Events and Interiors
- Christine Channer Auguste, Founder & CEO, The Channer Group Inc.
- Darija Slokar-Zlatarevic, Manager, Strategic Services, City of St. Albert
- François Bourdeau, Senior Account Executive, Encore Business Solutions
- Kevin Taft, PhD, Taft Research and Communications
- Matt Schuurman, Artistic Director, Rapid Fire Theatre
- Puneeta McBryan, Executive Director, Downtown Business Association
- Renée Chan, Program Lead, Affinity Groups, United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
- Trent Daley, Vice-Chair, Anti-Racism Advisory Committee, City of Edmonton
- Wing Chan, Founder & CEO, Nomiya
Protégés choose their fee to participate in the program. The fees collected from protégés are directly invested in our programs, events, and non-profit costs. We also provide free protégé spots to local nonprofits.
A reminder that you can register to be a protégé by visiting: https://fall2021registration.eventbrite.ca. Limited spots are available!
Find out more by visiting our FAQ page and getting the answers to your burning questions.
Fall 2021 Program Sponsors
Thank you to our program sponsors:
Be sure to check us out on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter) to stay up to date on all things interVivos and find out more about our Fall 2021 mentors. Feel free also to drop us a line at email@example.com with any questions that you may have.