Registration for Protégés is now open
interVivos is launching its Fall 2020 Mentorship Program on December 1, 2020. This Edmonton program will showcase Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) volunteer mentors. Ambitious professionals from all backgrounds are invited to take part as protégés in the ever-popular mentorship program.
Since 2006, interVivos has connected over 600 high caliber mentors and protégés through its mentorship programs. Mentors are highly sought after and come from a variety of backgrounds, careers, and perspectives. They are volunteers who are looking to give back to their community by sharing their ideas and experiences to assist protégés in their career journey. The Fall 2020 Mentorship Program is an opportunity for BIPOC mentors to empower the next generation of Edmonton’s BIPOC leaders.
“It is important to take proactive and purposeful action to ensure that different voices are heard, included, and supported across the spectrum of roles,” says Jason Syviaxy, former interVivos mentor and Fall 2020 launch event emcee. “If we fail to challenge the system, we perpetuate the norm, which means that we wait for change to catch up rather than embracing and meeting it.”
interVivos mentorship programs are offered twice per year and typically begin with an in-person launch event. Propelled by the virtual Summer 2020 mentorship launch’s success, interVivos will launch the Fall Program over Zoom. Mentors and protégés will connect through Zoom “breakout rooms” for group engagement activities, one-on-one speed rotations, and networking opportunities.
After the launch, mentors and protégés are matched up based on their preferences. The matches will work together over six months to learn from each other, collaborate, and reach professional goals. The program runs from January to June 2021, and matches are required to meet at least three times, either virtually or in-person, with appropriate COVID-19 measures in place.
The following are the confirmed mentors for the Fall 2020 mentorship program:
- Abby Aiyeleye, Performance Specialist, Enbridge
- Dr. Collins Ugochukwu, Senior Policy & Research Advisor, Government of Alberta
- Gurvinder Bhatia, President, VinoMania Consulting
- Jas Panesar, Founder & CTO, NewEngage Training
- Katherine Swampy, Councillor, Indigenous Leader, Samson Cree Nation
- Keenan Pascal, CEO, Token Naturals
- Keren Tang, Participatory City Development Manager, McConnell Foundation
- Lorephil Aguinaldo, Owner, CanaJan
- Mike Zouhri, Founder, PainWorth
- Nimir Raval, Manager, Community Initiatives, The Family Centre
- Renée Williams, Vice President Customer Experience, Fort Edmonton Management Company
- Shani Gwin, Public Relations Consultant, Gwin Communications
- Teneya Gwin, Director/Owner, Eleven Eleven Consulting
You can register to be a protégé by visiting: https://intervivosfall2020.eventbrite.ca
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor: Park Power.
Thank you to our program sponsors: Incite, VSM Photo, Coffee Ring Studio, E & J Watch and Jewellery Repair West Edmonton Mall, Soni Dasmohapatra, JGR Communications, Leaders International, Anne McLellan, Doughnut Party, RSM Canada, and Altitude Investments.