The mentorship program aspires to bring together young professionals and students with Edmonton’s business, political and community leaders to build relationships, create networks and develop personal and professional skills. Interested protégés will sign up for the program and get a chance to meet many experienced mentors and be matched with one. The program is offered in the spring and the fall each year.
The Mentorship Program takes the following format:
– 15 mentors are introduced to 15 protégés at our pairing event.
– Prep sheets, promo material and an event program with mentor and protégé bios will be sent to you before the pairing event.
– At the pairing event, mentors and protégés will discuss their goals and expectations for the program in fifteen 5-minute conversations.
– At the end of the event, mentors and protégés rank their choices and interVivos will use that information to make the final pairings.
– Mentors and protégés agree to meet a minimum of three times over the six-month program.
– Protégés pay a small fee to participate in the program, the proceeds from which go to covering event, administration and marketing costs of the program. Mentors are not paid or charged for their participation.
– This program is primarily the responsibility of both the mentors and protégés to keep in contact and stay on track of goals and desired outcomes. interVivos will, however, be there to check in periodically with the participants to provide support and gather feedback.
Summer 2019 Mentors
- Alana Williams, Senior Account Director, DDB Canada
- Barb Hudkins, Owner, Director/Learning and Development Manager, BHB Academic Consulting Inc./Volunteer Alberta
- Caren Hui, VP of Misc. Stuff, Yogalife Studios
- Carina Ludgate, Founder and Principal, Henryk Branding Co.
- Erum Afsar, Director of Enforcement, The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Fawnda Mithrush, Executive Director, Litfest
- Jill Chesley, Senior Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, City of Edmonton
- Kelly A. Buckley, Director at Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, Government of Alberta
- Linda Ha, Owner, Barber Ha
- Marnie Gomes, Assistant General Manager, Edmonton Convention Centre
- Marta Gomez, Executive Director, The King’s University Foundation
- Moira Váně, Crown Prosecutor, Government of Canada
- Naz Sohni Uppal, Television Personality/Radio Personality/Reporter/Producer/Author
- Paula Kirman, Freelance Communications Professional
- Stephanie Coombs, Director, Journalism & Programming, CBC Edmonton
- Trudy Nastiuk, Executive Director, Safety & Compliance Services, Government of Alberta
Fall 2018 Mentors
- Grant Ainsley – Grant Ainsley Inc.
- Chantelle Beasley – Entrepreneur/Business Owner, Aradia Fitness
- Dr. Mundeep Chana – Family Doctor/Hospitalist, Cross Cancer Institute
- Miranda Jimmy – Community Connector
- Trish Kushniruk – Principal, Incite
- Sean Lee – Urban Planner, City of Edmonton
- Darwin Li – IT Team Lead, Edmonton Police Service
- Maureen McCaw – Entrepreneur, Chair of the CBC Pension Fund and Past Chair of Edmonton International Airport
- Melanie Mok – Brand Engagement Manager, Earls Restaurants
- Ashley Morgan – Executive Officer-Marketing, Communications and Strategy, Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
- James Murgatroyd – Owner/Digital Strategist, James Murgatroyd Communications
- Howard Poon – VP, Director of Design, DDB Canada
- Jim Rudolph – President, JGR Communications
- Scot Rutherford – President and CEO, Scott Builders Inc.
- Naz Sohni Uppal – Television Personality/Radio Personality/Reporter/Producer/Author
- Rick Vogel – Founding Principal, The Vogel Group
Spring 2018 Mentors
- Brenton Driedger – Assistant News Manager, 630 CHED & iNews880
- Catherine Keill – Vice President, Development and Donor Relations, United Way Alberta Capital Region
- Cherri Burdeyny – Associate Vice President, Health and Benefits at Aon
- Cheryl Oxford – Issues and Media Relations Manager, City of Edmonton, Office of the Mayor
- Christopher Fletcher – Founder, BounceBox and Program Facilitator, Startup Edmonton
- Erin Clyde – Director, Foundry Conferences & Events
- Ian O’Donnell – Executive Director, Downtown Business Association
- Janice Sarich – President, It Begins With You Inc.
- Kevin Gunderman – Interim President & CEO, Northlands
- Kristi Wozniak – Founder/Owner, KEYLIME Athletic Wear
- Leslie Beard – Principal, LBcommunications
- Nafisa Bowen – Development Officer, Major Gifts, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Paula Kirman – Communications/Media Professional (self-employed) – website
- Rob Fragoso – Senior Director, Individual Giving, United Way of Alberta Capital Region
- Saher Ghattas – CEO, Flawless Inbound
Fall 2017 Mentors
- Alison Poste – Government Relations Specialist
- Beverley Theresa – Social Media Strategist
- Anand Pye – Executive Director, NAIOP Edmonton
- David Bridges – COO, CompuVision
- David Dorward -Dorward & Company LLP Chartered Accountants
- Gerry Morita – Artistic Director, Mile Zero Dance
- Harriet Tinka – Empowered Me
- Jacqueline Biollo – President/CEO, A Songbird’s Solo
- Kathy Leskow – Owner, Confetti Sweets
- Ken Cantor – President, PRIMAVERA Development Group
- Kirsten Goa – Community Organizer
- Larry Scarbeau – Executive Director, Metis Urban Housing
- Mike Kluh – Program Manager, City of Edmonton
- Raj Dhunna – COO, Regency Developments,
- Reg Cheramy – CEO, Stormboard
- Serena Mah – Media & Communications Consultant
If you have questions, firstname.lastname@example.org is always happy to receive them! We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.